GEM is looking for a part-time (10 hours per week) Junior Graphic Designer who creates aesthetically stunning work based on the organization’s strategic objectives and style. This is a fantastic learning opportunity for an ambitious young designer/graphic design student who is interested in developing their skills and building their portfolio. The selected candidate will help develop campaigns and visuals to accompany GEM’s web content across a variety of digital platforms.
- Work in a start-up environment
- Work with a creative and fun team
- Attend weekly meetings with senior management
- Receive training from our Creative Lead and Communications Director
- Work for an organization that is passionate about helping female youth facing multiple barriers in Toronto
- Helping maintain GEM’s branding on official website and social media properties
- Assist Creative Lead in the development, direction and strategic assessment of visuals accompanying GEM’s web media and marketing material
- Help manage and direct your own personal weekly workload
- Provide updates to Creative Lead and the GEM Team to ensure design projects are delivered on time at a level of design excellence.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding sense of design
- Ability to develop creative concepts that align with GEM’s brand objectives
- An eye for typography
- Experience with InDesign and Photoshop
- Good time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects at once
- Ability to work efficiently and creatively with a team
- Experience with print media and photography skills are an asset
- Strong interest in social media and branding
- Must have access to a portable computer (i.e. MacBook)
- Commitment of 2-3 days per week, plus availability for photo shoots on occasion.
Please send your resume and samples of your work to email@example.com