Two months of relaxing in the sun, working, or doing absolutely nothing is coming to an end. The start of school is here which makes many of us anxious. Don’t worry – we intend to prepare you for the best first week back and the best year ahead. Whether you are just starting high school, going to the next grade, or heading to university or college, these tips will help you get off to school with a spring in your step.
Keep it Simple
Classroom essentials are: pencils, erasers, pens, highlighters, notebooks, binders, & an agenda. You don’t need the latest sneaker, smart phone or laptop… to help you get an A.
- Clean up your room and have a study space free of distractions
- Set goals. What do you want to achieve this year?
- Pack your backpack the night before and keep it by the door
- Create a fun playlist to listen to on your way to school
- Write down big projects, tests and assignments in your agenda immediately
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Come to GEM’s “Organize Your Life” workshop in October
No matter what your style you should be able to embrace it to the fullest. Pretending to be something or someone you’re not won’t allow you to focus on school. When you feel good on the inside you will feel good on the outside too!
Back to School Resources:
Check out this Study Tip Sheet from Seneca College –
Break down your project into manageable steps with this Assignment Calculator –
If you are an app junkie there are lots of back to school apps for you! CTV news highlighted a few including: Mental Case and LunchBag.
Have a fabulous year!