Our application season has begun for next year’s mentorship program. Each year we look for ambitious, high-achieving, young women that are interested in realizing their true potential so they can design and achieve their dream life!
Last year the GEM program attracted an unprecedented number of applications. We selected 30 of the best and brightest young women and invited them to join our GEM program.
This year we are looking for 30 new GEMgirls that are entering Grade 11 or 12 for the 2015/2016 school year. Our new GEMgirls will have an extraordinary club experience where they will benefit from:
- One-on-one mentorship with Toronto’s top professional women
- Custom designed program curriculum created by girls, for girls
- Unique speaker series
- Career guidance
- Behind the scenes access to some of Toronto’s leading companies
- Scholarship opportunities
- University preparedness training and application writing assistance
- Arts and cultural events
- Museum memberships
We are so proud of the GEM class of 2014/2015 – many are going on to attend post-secondary programs next year. Here’s a peak at some of the programs they have been accepted to:
- University of Waterloo, Software Engineering
- University of Toronto, Neuroscience
- Seneca College, Collaborative Nursing
- University of Windsor, Digital Journalism
- Carlton University, Bio-Medical/Electrical Engineering
- Ryerson University, Social Work
Are you a potential GEMgirl? Do you know someone that would make a great GEMgirl?
Here’s what we’re looking for:
Girls who are entering grades 11 or 12, academically high-achieving, ambitious and driven, from a diverse background and live in one of these neighbourhoods: Crescent Town, Flemingdon, Ionview, Oakridge, Thorncliffe, and Victoria Village.
Realize your Potential. Be a GEM girl.
Please click here to apply today.
Deadline: June 30, 2015.